Dinner at Reindeer farm / thursday
DescriptionThe start for dinner at reindeer farm will be with guide by car. The driving time is approx. 15 minutes.
Arriving to reindeer farm in Joikun Kota and Sámi hosts wishes the clients welcome. Before dining, you can go to meet the reindeer and also feed them some lichen.
We enter to a Lappish wooden log hut -"kota". Dinner is served by open fire and candles.
The following 3 -course menu will be served:
• cold smoked reindeer blue cheese soup
• glow fried salmon with mashed potatoes and salad
• berry pie with vanilla sauce, coffee / tea
Sámi host will tell about Sámi culture and reindeer herding - you also can ask questions if you have something on your mind. The Sámi hostess will sing traditional Sámi songs, "joiku".
At the reindeer farm you realise that it is easy to relax and not to be in a hurry. Relax and enjoy the moment. How peaceful and quiet the surrounding nature can be!
More information• Thursdays
• start at 5.45 p.m.
• duration approx. 2 h
• minimum 6 people
Price• 100 € / adult
• -50% child 4-11 yrs.
Price includes• pick up in Saariselkä village approx. at 5.45 p.m.
• reindeer feeding
• 3-course menu
• stories about reindeer herding and Sámi culture
• traditional "joiku" songs
• return transfer after program
Bookings• on previous day by 4 PM
• by phone: Saariselkä Booking tel. +358-(0)16-5540 500
• by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• by online booking system / www.saariselka.com
Produser: Joiku-Kotsamo , y-12441751.
Winter 2017-2018, updated 01/18. We reserve the right to make changes.