Logo
Saariselkä Treklife retkihiihtäjä kurkkaa taaksepäin

Ivalo Church

Ivalo Lutheran Church is the main Church of the municipality of Inari. It is located in the center of the Ivalo village, on the riverbank of the Ivalo River.
The Church is the visible part of the street scene, because of the unusual architecture. Church is not open to the public.

Ivalo Church was built in 1966 and was renovated in 1999.
The church was designed by Senior Architect Kauko Kokko and Architect Laura Järvi-Larkas. Ivalo Church

Inari parish

Is founded on 7 March 1881.
The surface area of the church is the biggest in Finland, 17 000 square kilometers.
Inari parish has four churches and chapels:
• Main church in Ivalo (1966)
• Sámi church in village Inari (1951)
• Wilderness church by the lake Pielpajärvi (1760)
• Chapel in village Saariselkä (1996)

The Inari parish is focused on children's day care, scouts, youth and family work and diaconia.

Pictures: Inarin seurakunta / Inari parish